10 Killer tips on how to make Your Event Successful
10. Set Clear Objectives. In order to understand whether you made the right moves you need to have SMART objectives. During the event you’ll know what is important, after the event you’ll be able to measure your effectiveness
9. Pick the right team. Two people that contribute and listen to others are usually enough for a 600 delegates conference. Look for these two people
8. Do your Marketing. 4p’s are kind of an old concept…sure but are you at least aware of what are your event 4p’s?
7. Think ahead. If you are an event manager and do not have this capability start understanding the benefits of planning.
6. Do your Targeting. Why are bored students 70% of your conference about getting old? Understand who is your main audience, describe them and talk to them.
5. Promote well. Everything is set tables, chairs, mics but it’s only you and the paramedics in a 500 people room? That might happen if you do not inform and persuade that your event is relevant to your target.
4. Understand your Stakeholders. Who is going to benefit from your event. Who is going to judge your choices, who is going to be upset if you don’t clean what you’ve used.
3. Prioritize your Stakeholder. Who of the above is going to have more influence on my objectives
2. Monitor Satisfaction. Service is intangible, intangible means not measurable. Find new ways to measure satisfaction. Satisfaction means retention, retention can become a massive business card for your next employer
1. Know what’s going on. Are you aware of what is going on in the reception area of your meeting while people are leaving the main conference room? Is the buffet ready? Are the stewards able to drive the crowd? Do they know where to move them? Ask yourself questions and find the answers quickly.