Corporate Event Entertainment: A Short Guide
This is a guest post by Amy Capron. She is currenty media manager for Scarlett Entertainment, the destination entertainment specialists. Amy is passionate about events and you can keep up to date on the latest event and entertainment trends by following her on twitter. Submit your guest post here.
Corporate events are a very important part of any company’s annual calendar, as they help promote the business internally and externally, as well as reinforcing brand values and corporate messages.
They can also forge links with existing and potential clients and improve staff morale. A lot can hinge on a corporate event – be it a convention, exhibition, awards dinner or conference – including the good name of the company and its reputation.
A successful corporate event will be down to many factors including location, food, atmosphere and, of course, the all important entertainment.
Entertainment can make or break a corporate event and making the most out of any act, show or performer can be hugely beneficial. Good corporate entertainment can leave guests with a memorable experience and reinforce a company’s image, brand and corporate message. Good entertainment can even attract publicity (of the good sort!).
Deciding on the Right Entertainment
Corporate event profs will first have to take a few factors into consideration when ensuring that the entertainment ‘fits’ the event:
• Determine age, social background and sex, and choose entertainment accordingly. A tribute to ‘One Direction’ or ‘Justin Bieber’ may be suitable for a corporate family day event, but not for a black tie gala dinner.
• Venue size and location is a factor that many event planners and organisers forget (or remember at the last minute!). This is important, as it will play a part in deciding whether or not you can have that aerial team you want or full scale swing band!
• Cost. Do you have a strict budget that you have to work within, or is money not a problem? The amount of money a company is prepared to spend on entertainment will affect the options available.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Corporate Entertainment
There are plenty of acts and performers geared towards the corporate entertainment market, ensuring that businesses ‘stand out’. But to get the most out of your corporate entertainment you must make sure that:
• You pursue a wow factor or unique entertainment idea that will impress guests and ensure that the event is talked about.
• If the entertainment you require is for an exhibition or trade stand, that the acts or performers you book will increase footfall and draw guests to your stand.
• You use entertainment that can incorporate your logo or corporate message.
• You are aware of the latest entertainment trends to appear ahead of the game/up to date.
Some Corporate Planning Entertainment Ideas
Enquiries for cutting edge entertainment that use the latest technologies and techniques to impress corporate guests at events are increasing as businesses strive to stand out and stay ahead of the game.
These top corporate entertainment ideas will ensure that you make the most out of your corporate event, and that it is talked about for all the right reasons:
• Ipad magicians offer cutting edge magic shows that use the latest ipad technologies and performance techniques (and humour!) to wow corporate audiences. Can incorporate products, messages and logos. A definite talking point.
• Corporate percussion groups are geared towards corporate clients and will perform using products i.e. ladders, machinery, etc. These shows also have added wow factor, as they are a fast paced, high energy performance.
• LED and laser shows are the here and now of corporate entertainment. These seriously ‘in’ corporate shows will incorporate logos and even interact with audiences. This is entertainment for businesses that want their event to stand out.
• Walking, talking Robots are great for corporate events that include trade shows, exhibitions and conventions, or as great walk around acts who can meet and greet guests. Interactive robots will impress all the right people whatever your corporate event.
• Video mapping dance groups are proving to be a big hit so far this year for corporate events. New technologies have allowed performers to take their dance/visual performances to the next level as humans and computers merge. These acts can incorporate specific music and graphics, as well as logos and corporate messages.
• Synchronized swimmers – these teams of professional synchronized swimmers perform seamless routines that are popular with product launches, corporate parties and other corporate events. These acts will create bespoke shows making them a unique and individual entertainment option.
• Sand artists have been popular with corporate events since Ukraine’s Got Talent featured a female sand artist that took the internet by storm. These talented artists will perform custom made sand animations for a variety of corporate events. These shows have definite wow factor that will ensure your event is remembered!
Corporate event planners must keep a few key points in mind to ensure that their event is a success.
Entertainment for corporate events needs to be targeted specifically towards key target audiences, ensuring that it is suitable for guests and attendees. Event professionals dealing with corporate environments must continually strive to seek out the best entertainment that will make an impact and a lasting impression.
The acts, shows or performers must be current, be able to incorporate logos and branding, but most importantly, they must be unique. Make sure entertainment is interactive for a truly personal experience, and this will go a long way towards impressing your guests.
Plan awesome events & boost your career
Join over 11,000 subscribers that use EventMB to stay on top of How to's, Trends & Event Technology.