20 Facts to Make You Look at Events Differently
Inspiration, what a tough topic.
Writing inspiring stuff is the most difficult task for a blogger.
It requires research, know-how and lateral thinking. But that’s why you read this blog, right?
I’ve thrown together some cool, inspiring, thought-provoking and quirky facts that will make you look at the event industry, our love and passion, differently.
Here it is:
1. You can make a mobile portrait studio for events. Even if you face sandstorms.
2. Les Terrasses Bleues is a French secret dining experience, where the only requirement is to dress in blue. They have 37K likes on Facebook and events are attended each month by an average 1200 people.
6. Pecha Kucha Global Cities Week is on this week and features more than 60 participating cities.
7. Super Bowl XLVI was the most tweeted live event ever with 12,223 Tweets per Second (TPS). The Japanese series “Castle in the Sky” is leading the ranking with 25,088 TPS. Events have still a long way to go.
8. In 2008 the Super Bowl got 27 Tweets per Second.
9. The Chinese New Year got 32,312 Updates per second on Sina Weibo. Twitter has still a long way to go.
10. 1 Million people bid to attend men’s 100 metres final at the London Olympics 2012 for only 40,000 seats available.
11. 21% of people interviewed for this survey would prefer to do taxes than face a PowerPoint Presentation. 24% would forego sex.
14. The most popular Events Application on Facebook is Meetup with 760,000 monthly average users.
15. The TED Conference Event Facebook Page has over 1,8M likes, making it one of the biggest Facebook pages in events.
16. There are more than 30 Barcamps happening around the world within the next month.
17. The Event Coordinator is the 6th most stressful job of 2012 after airline pilot, firefighter and policeman.
18. 78% of respondents to this survey said that Social Media is an important marketing tool for their event.
19. The Event Planning and Management LinkedIn Group I founded almost 4 years ago has almost 60K Members, 59,213 to be precise.
20. The most popular discussion in the Group has 1,396 replies.
Well that’s all folks. I am sure your event will never be the same!
Photo Credit: WadeB