Smirnoff targeting Meetups
Photo by: Cristiano Betta
Smart brands are tackling Meetups to get targeted audience and generate buzz.
I already talked about using Meetups to target your audience and create relevant experiences. Last night Smirnoff provided me a case study and possibly a good review.
A great mix of professionals, creative people and hobbyists gather monthly to exchange opinions about their passion.
Last night Smirnoff displayed a great way to engage on a very personal level.
Apart from free drinks , which are obviously more than welcome, they introduced cocktail classes. The bartender customized the drink according to your blog and your persona.
The location was amazing and the PR agency did extremely well.
Smirnoff was very gentle and did not push the night or show a “do this/do that attitude”. The atmosphere and level of engagement raised to the roof.
Some bullet points for you to enjoy:
- Engage on a personal level
- Free drinks are cool but make me learn something
- Spoil me as an intelligent person and according to who I am
- Be gentle, don’t push the night
- Use Meetups to target opinion leaders, organizers are eager to get sponsors.