Event seating matters and can have a big impact on the look and feel of your event. Banish boring and uninspiring furniture choices and get inspired with quirky chair options.
Your event seating choices need to be comfortable, stylish and functional or perhaps even make a statement. You want your event seating to stand out and reflect you and your event, rather than being memorable for looking outdated or being uncomfortable.
Different events have different seating needs and you need to consider:
- Event Type – Is your seating befitting of your event? Is it a formal or casual event? Is the focus on learning?
- Length Of Sitting – The longer you require your attendees to sit, the more comfortable you need them to be. Make sure they are paying attention to the event rather than thinking how uncomfortable they are, impacting the overall experience.
- Venue – Is the furniture going to be in a busy area that needs to accommodate many guests in a small space? What is the color and decor of the room? These factors may affect the size and style of your preferred seating?
- Logistics – If you are renting furniture you will need to consider the logistics. When will it be delivered and collected and what are the unloading instructions for the venue. You may need the furniture to be stored and so details need to be checked with the venue. Likewise if you are renting furniture it is likely to be your responsibility to set it out, unless otherwise agreed with the venue.
- The Budget – How much are you willing to spend? What furniture is included from the venue? If the venue furniture is outdated is it worthwhile covering with chair covers to transform it instead or renting furniture?
These 17 seating examples will allow you stand out and distance yourself from traditional or boring furniture options.
Join over 60,000 subscribers that use EventMB to stay on top of How to's, Trends & Event Technology.
1. Backless Benches
These simple but elegant benches can fit a lot of guests into a small area and allow families and kids to easily sit together. The downside is that without backs they provide little support so aren’t suitable for long periods. You can dress these benches up with cushions, florals or even fabric covers if you choose.
You can't get any closer to the ocean than this gorgeous ceremony location! #weddingwednesday #ceremony #weddingceremony #wedding #destinationwedding #vallartawedding #casakarma #casakarmawedding #puertovallartawedding #hoopah @mobva.mobiliario #rusticseating @grupotrendy #puertovallarta #mexicowedding #plushwedding #plush
Credit: Plush Catering
For a laid back or lounge vibe, these velvet chairs let attendees sit back and relax and would be a good alternative to provide relaxation and comfort! Be warned, you may not get attendees back up again if your event has a transition and they are too comfortable.
Credit: Granger Hertzog Ltd
Cardboard furniture can be a fun alternative that is not only perfect for trade shows and exhibitions where you need something quick and mobile but it is also budget friendly too! These would fit well at sustainability focused events for eco-friendly attendees and they can be easily recycled or re-used.
Credit: Fold Life
Give your attendees a break with a nap pod at your event. Particularly for long trade shows, exhibitions or multi-day events, nap pod seats could give some quick rejuvenating shut eye to your guests before getting back to the matter at hand. Just make sure your guest limit their nap to 15 or 20 minutes maximum, overwise instead of feeling rejuvenated they will feel worse!
If you are looking for virtually free event planning ideas then this is a seating option for you that can make do with a variety of different cushions, blankets or old rugs to be placed on the floor.