Conference Compass is a customizable hybrid event platform with a comprehensive set of features including built-in live streaming, multi-track agendas, multi-level floor plans, advanced CRM integration, gamification, and lead capture.
Conference Compass: What Is It?
Conference Compass is a hybrid event platform with built-in live-streaming capabilities delivered through a customizable web platform and mobile app. Originally built for conferences in the medical industry, Conference Compass has expanded its offerings to appeal to event organizers from all industries. It also offers a 365-day solution, which can be accessed either as a mobile app or through the browser.
Main Feature Categories
Customizable mobile event apps and web platforms: The Conference Compass platform and mobile app is white-labelled, which means that event organizers have more creative control over the look and feel of the entire attendee experience. On the event platform, organizers can drag and drop any number of tiles or shortcuts onto the event homepage to allow attendees to quickly navigate to relevant pages. While attendees can still access the event platform’s homepage on the internet browsers of their mobile devices, the native mobile app does not include tiles. However, organizers are still able to adjust the look and feel of the native app to be consistent with their branding; the home screen typically features a session preview video, as well as an event news feed.
Gamification: The customization capabilities continue as organizers are able to adjust scoring based on the activities that matter most. If networking is a highly important part of the event, organizers can attribute higher scores for networking. If organizers want to influence participants to partake in certain sessions (i.e. sponsor sessions) they can increase the associated scores. There is a leaderboard so attendees can see how they are doing and prizes can be awarded (digitally or physically) for those who come out on top.
Restricted access: Organizers can host all their events with Conference Compass and arrange attendees into groups so they only have access to the events and content that is relevant to them. This feature can even be used at a session level for private sessions or roundtables which are exclusive to your VIPs.
Integrations: The platform can be fully integrated with many registration and marketing systems, and it offers advanced integration with CRM (customer relationship management) software. For example, the access rules mentioned above can be tied to CRM profiles, with full integration allowing event organizers to set exactly how often the event platform should cross-check its attendee information against their CRM database. A potential use case would be for an online association hub, with one-time visitors having different access levels than a full member.
Onsite/offsite support: Conference Compass is based in the Netherlands but provides onsite and offsite support for any region in any time zone.
Conference Compass is designed to add a layer of simplicity to complex events. The motivation behind the platform appears to be creating a simple, customizable solution for a hybrid future. Therefore it has been built with the option of upgrading to a 365 platform, which can be home to larger annual congresses, smaller meetings and workshops, as well as a content hub.
First-time users are allocated a customer success manager in order to get the most out of the platform. They will set up customizable templates for the mobile and web app, which organizers can access at any time to make any further changes they would like. Training on how to use the platform is also provided by the support teams.
Though the platform doesn’t have its own registration system it does offer full integration with other registration and member databases. Attendees can be imported in groups and assigned different levels of access depending on the set up of your event. For example, if your CRM has separate categories for different levels of membership, it is possible to give each category tailored levels of access to content — the event platform will regularly check for updates at intervals of your choosing.
Conference Compass also has its own built-in live streaming capability, so there is no need to use third-party services such as Webex and Zoom. The platform also includes a whole host of features, including multi-level agendas, interactive floorplans, and gamification designed to improve engagement and drive event goals.
WHO’S IT FOR?
The platform is primarily designed for and used by medical, scientific, and corporate conference organizers. However, it is also used by: corporate organizations, meeting planners, medical and non-medical associations, and professional conference organizers. The platform and app are fully customizable, which means a wide variety of organizers could use the same platform and accomplish a completely different feel that is unique to them and their audience.
WHO’S IT NOT FOR?
As the brand name suggests, this platform was initially designed specifically for conferences. However, over the past 12 months Conference Compass has made a number of updates to its platform in order to support exhibition organizers. Recent updates aimed at exhibition organizers include gamification features and lead capture. While this platform is not built specifically for exhibition organizers, it may have all the key features needed, particularly if content plays an important role in your event.
Customisable event app and virtual event platform:
- keyboard_arrow_right Add widgets or shortcuts to the home page of your desktop platform and web-based app
- keyboard_arrow_right Customize the colors, images, and themes to create continuity and synergy with your brand
- keyboard_arrow_right Change the size of tiles, icons, and text
Registration and CRM software integration:
- keyboard_arrow_right Easily invite registered participants to download the app
- keyboard_arrow_right Control access to events and specific platform features based on registration data or CRM profiles
Multi-track agendas for concurrent sessions:
- keyboard_arrow_right Run concurrent sessions, across multiple tracks
- keyboard_arrow_right Filter the agenda to easily find the relevant track or interest areas
- keyboard_arrow_right Allow attendees to choose from three viewing options for the agenda (list view and horizontal and vertical calendar view)
Built-in live streaming studio:
- keyboard_arrow_right Avoid relying on third-party streaming services by using built-in live stream broadcast studio
- keyboard_arrow_right Benefit from collaborative content creation with built-in pre-recording of presentations by the speakers themselves
- keyboard_arrow_right Instantly make session recordings available for on-demand access
Attendee agenda personalization:
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can create their own personalized program which can be exported to their calendar
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees will receive reminders when a session they would like to attend is about to start
Built-in content management and communication system:
- keyboard_arrow_right Upload slides and PDFs directly onto the platform
- keyboard_arrow_right Add slides and other files to sessions for attendees to easily access and download
- keyboard_arrow_right Add files to specific organization or sponsor profiles/virtual booths
- keyboard_arrow_right Send out news messages and customized push notifications
Interactive floor plan:
- keyboard_arrow_right Click on theatre locations on the floor plan to see the sessions which are taking place in that room
- keyboard_arrow_right Click on exhibitor booths to find out more information about the company
- keyboard_arrow_right Have the option to divide floor plans according to activity (e.g. one for content rooms only and one for the exhibition floor)
- keyboard_arrow_right Create multi-level venue floor plans when needed
- keyboard_arrow_right Create discussion boards where attendees can leave their ideas and thoughts related to specific abstracts, sessions, or posters in the platform
- keyboard_arrow_right Enable networking through clickable profile images on comment threads — by clicking on the attendee profile image, attendees can access the related profile and request a meeting
Multiple sponsor options:
- keyboard_arrow_right Create restrictions based on sponsorship levels
- keyboard_arrow_right Highlight sponsor logos within the agenda for sponsored sessions
- keyboard_arrow_right Create dedicated tiles and buttons
- keyboard_arrow_right Include personalised banners
- keyboard_arrow_right Host sponsored roundtable discussions
Advanced analytics and lead capture:
- keyboard_arrow_right Access detailed analytics per session, user, and exhibitor that can be used for analysis and for purposes of accreditation for continued education
- keyboard_arrow_right Provide exhibitors with GDPR-compliant lead capture options
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can access sessions from their browser or laptop screen, or on-the-go on their phones or tablets using the native app (or by accessing the web platform on their mobile internet browsers)
Interactive breakout rooms:
- keyboard_arrow_right Create breakout rooms for poster and round-table sessions
- keyboard_arrow_right Run concurrent breakout sessions
- keyboard_arrow_right Give participants control over their video and audio
- keyboard_arrow_right Customize gamification scores to prioritize the activities that matter most at your event
- keyboard_arrow_right Allow attendees to see how they rank during the event with the leaderboard
- keyboard_arrow_right Provide digital or physical prizes to winners based on their engagement
Pricing and Plans
Conference Compass’ pricing plans are not publicly available; however, if you are interested in their features, consider booking a demo for more information.
Pros and Cons
When it comes to customization, Conference Compass’ platform allows organizers to adapt the best parts of the platform for their event, leave what isn’t relevant, and then brand it appropriately.
Although the platform was initially built for the medical industry, many of its features and benefits will be desirable to event organizers from different sectors. It is also a robust platform for year-round engagement with advanced settings for restricting access according to attendee/member type.
Disclaimer: Reviews are paid for placements. While Event Manager Blog receives a fee to extensively look at the tool and review it in detail, the content of the review is independent and by no means influenced by the company. If you have any questions please use the contact us section.