Millions of events are being promoted on social media every day. These 6 tactics are very powerful to promote events on social media and ensure your event is a sell out!
This video is brought to you by QuickMobile by Cvent, improve engagement at events with social media.
If you can't see the video, Click here.
Hey, my name is Julius and I am the editor of EventMB, the number one website for event professionals. This channel is all about helping you to make your events awesome. Whether you are starting out, or a seasoned eventprof, you’ll find plenty of tips, advice and tactics to be successful in events.
Did you know that 75% of event professionals say that social media is by far the most effective tool to promote their events?
The top 4 social networks to promote your events are:
So how do you make sure your marketing campaign is fresh and that you can make the most of reaching billions of users on social media?
Let’s have a look.
Tactic #1 - It's All About Visuals
Pictures and video are the new social currency. Nobody reads anymore. Not enough time, not enough focus.
On the other hand it’s very easy to double tap on a picture. Collect as many assets as possible from your current event that you can repurpose. A solid photography investment is the basis of modern social media strategies.
These visual assets will be key on pretty much every social network. Whether it is Linkedin or Snapchat, you will need an enormous amount of assets to create a coordinated campaign that delivers.
Tactic #2 - Create FOMO
The whole purpose of your social media marketing campaign is to create FOMO.
FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out
Hire influencers to attend your event and spread the word about your event. Entice them with targeted registration codes, get them to participate in the lead up to the event with interviews, takeovers, behind the scenes.
Remember that your performers or entertainers or speakers are the prime influencers, so give them collaterals they can share on social networks.
Tactic #3 - Gamify Promotions
Get people talking about your event online.
You can use tools such as event apps or special discount codes to create community before the event.
Gamification such as competitions and scavenger hunts can be effective. Offer prizes:
- keyboard_arrow_right A special sit down with a celebrity
- keyboard_arrow_right A special access to closed area of your event
- keyboard_arrow_right 20% off the ticket or a free ticket
Tactic #4 - Be Present All Year Round
If you wake up two months before the event, it’s not going to work, you will not get the exposure. Social networks now have algorithms that assign visibility based on your activity and performance of updates.
If you want to give it the best shot, you need to be engaged and present all year long.
Tactic #5 - Quality Not Quantity
Back in the day, there was one golden rule about the use of social media to promote events: the more updates and content the merrier.
Nowadays, attention has shifted from quantity to quality.
The only exception is for stories. Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat give you more prominence if you create more stories. The same is not true for regular updates though.
Curating less updates but providing the highest quality content. It’s really about curating that one daily or weekly update that is going to give you the maximum exposure. Algorithms will favour you if you focus on less updates but of higher quality.
Tactic #6 - Combine Social Ads
Combine Social ads for maximum effectiveness
There is no chance anyone will see your updates on social networks such as Facebook if you don’t combine your strategy with a strong ad budget. The same goes for Youtube.
You should allocate some budget to seed your content, especially at the beginning. Organic opportunities will kick in later but always allocate a budget that can range anywhere between $10 and $1,000 dollars per update if you really want to increase the visibility of your updates.
Cost effectiveness is as follows:
- keyboard_arrow_right Facebook remarketing
- keyboard_arrow_right Facebook
- keyboard_arrow_right Youtube - remarketing
- keyboard_arrow_right Youtube
- keyboard_arrow_right Instagram
- keyboard_arrow_right Twitter
- keyboard_arrow_right Linkedin
That’s it for me today, I hope you enjoyed these 6 tactics to promote events better with social media.
If you enjoyed this video give us a like and subscribe - so you can get more videos to make your event amazing.
Thanks for watching.
Other EventMB Videos
Why not check out some of our previous videos:
- 5 Signs Event Planning Is Not For You
- The 5 Things People Always Ask Event Planners
- 6 Secret Reasons Why People Really Attend Events
- The Secret Formula to Event Swag
- How to Start an Event Planning Company from Home
- Event Planning – the Worst and Best Job in the World
- How to Drive More Attendees to Exhibitor Booths
- 5 Trends In Event Mobile Apps
- Get More Sponsors for Your Events
- The 5 Hottest Trends in Corporate Events
- 5 Event Tech Trends To Watch in 2017
- The Three T’s of Being A Successful Event Planner
- The Harsh Realities of Being An Event Planner
- 5 Times Event Tech Saved My Event
- How Event Planners Stretch their Dollars
- 4 Marketing Mistakes Event Planners Make
- The 6 Skills of Successful Event Planners
- 5 Ways to Get Event Planning Experience
- 6 Ways to Find Clients for Your Event Planning Business
- 5 Tips for Planning the Perfect Startup Event
- 5 Eventtech Tools to Use at Your Next Conference
- Why Event Planners and Venues Drive Each Other Insane
- 5 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Conference Speakers
- Will Millennials Kill The Event Industry?
- 6 Things You Must Do After Your Event is Over
- 10 Easy Steps to Get into Event Planning
- 5 Secrets to Creating Winning Event Proposals
- 5 Ways You Should Be Using Music At Your Events
- The Event Planner’s Travel Chronicles: Anaheim
- Event Planners: The Leaders of The Experience Economy
- How To Work with Influencers to Promote Your Event
- How to Sell Out Your Event Using Data
- How to Choose a Speaker that will Resonate with your Audience
- How Artificial Intelligence is Changing Events
- 5 Ways Event Planners Can Get More From Networking
- Events: The Ultimate FOMO Generator
- Wellness in the Events Industry
- 5 Common Problems with Event Tech and How to Solve Them
- How Innovative Event Planners Rule the World
- 3 Ways to Increase Diversity at Events
- 5 Ways Technology Is Changing Event Planning
- 10 Truths Our Event Clients Should Know
- 9 Tips for Running a Successful Event
- 3 Social Media Tools to Boost Your Event Marketing
- 5 Corporate Event Ideas To Steal Now