The Top News & Research in your InboxSUBSCRIBE
Eventbrite is an online ticketing and registration platform for events.
It is one of the most adopted and therefore definitely worth a review and interview with its Director of Marketing, Jack Mardack.
How does it work?
Few things that I love about the service:
- There is no standard price. They earn a percentage based on your ticket price.
- It's customizable. You can pretty much input as many details as you prefer. The event page is greatly adaptable and here are few examples.
- Online secure payment. If you don't work regularly with events this might be a bit of an hassle to set up. Great tool.
- Affiliate Program. A brand new program where you can promote events and earn up to 35% commission (If you blog about events and have ads you might want to consider this instead of random text ads)
- Tagging, personalized URL, RSS. Welcome to Web 2.0, finally some fresh air.
- Promotion. Eventbrite immediately indexes the event with major search engines. This usually takes forever if you don't have an updated platform up and running.
- Survey, etc. There are few more you can check them out here
I decided to ask a few questions to Jack Mardack, who was very kind and answered as follows:
What is the idea behind Eventbrite?
Eventbrite is a self-service event registration and online ticketing platform. The idea behind Eventbrite is to empower individuals, companies and organizations of all sizes with the tools they need to successfully promote and sell-out their events on the Web.
What's in it for event managers?
If you are someone who is already tasked with managing events and selling tickets, Eventbrite can make your life a lot easier and make you more successful. We give the event manager control over the entire process, from pre-event marketing, to registration, to ticket sales, and even give them powerful customer relationship management tools they can use to market future events or promote other products and services.
What's in it for Average Joe?
What's in it for the Average Joe is the ability to go from being an Average Joe to being a successful event manager in about 5 minutes. See previous answer. We've worked hard to make our tools as easy to use as they are powerful. The result is that everyday people, from all walks of life, are using Eventbrite to promote and sell-out events of every conceivable type and size.
What's in Eventbrite's future?
We're committed to continuing to enrich our features and to making Eventbrite even more powerful. The future is we will remain focused on providing event managers with everything they need to succeed, and on making it as easy as possible for anyone to make their event a success. What we see for the industry is that many more individuals and organizations are going to become event organizers. This is going to produce an incredible number and diversity of events, many of which are going to try to find their audiences on the Web. It's going to be a really long tail, and Eventbrite will be there for all of them.