Klik is an event engagement platform that brings interactive ‘smart’ wearables to events with a view to improving the experience by reducing attendee screen time. More than just smart wearables, the klik ecosystem allows one-click event interaction and the management of these actions from an app and control panel. Here is our review.
The Top News & Research in your InboxSUBSCRIBE
klik: What Is It?
klik is an engagement platform paired with connected, clickable attendee smart wearables. Among the platform’s key features are:
- keyboard_arrow_right Contact exchange system
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendee tracking
- keyboard_arrow_right Gamification
- keyboard_arrow_right Profile recommendation engine called Smart Match
- keyboard_arrow_right Lead retrieval system
- keyboard_arrow_right Ticketing and event registration
- keyboard_arrow_right Live polling
- keyboard_arrow_right App for attendees to manage their profile and access important information about the event
Most interactions between the platform and the attendee take place using a simple click of the badge, meaning attendees get to focus more on real social interactions at the event, rather than their smartphones. As well as interacting with the platform, attendees can use their wearables to interact with each other, exchanging contact information with a single click gesture and download content from pre-configured ‘Touchpoints’. All smart wearable interactions are saved to the attendee’s profile, which can be viewed during or after the event via the klik app. The attendee badges can be custom printed with event branding and following the event, can be reused or recycled.
Using the klik platform, event organizers can view real-time event statistics including overall attendance, check-in, and footfall in specific zones. Custom post-event reports are also provided by klik.
Main Feature Categories
Attendees can exchange contacts and interact with the event space by clicking their wearables. The high-brightness LEDs allow event organizers to use light paging, group attendees by color, and highlight key moments at the event. These lights also confirm a successful contact exchange between attendees or interactions with touchpoints at the event (content download from an object). One-click gamification and networking features allow for attendee incentivization with minimum friction, leaving more face-to-face time at the event itself.
The app allows attendees to access new contacts, schedules, and important event information like speaker bios, floorplan, downloaded content, and to set up the recommendation engine (Smart Match) according to their interests.
Klik’s control panel is the backbone of the platform. The control panel handles a multitude of tasks including attendee registration, event programming, attendee/staff access control. The control panel is where organizers manage the look, feel, and content of the app.
Data and Performance Metrics
Measure event performance with data. Given the high adoption rate (each attendee gets a badge), live data is more accurate and helps calculate event ROI. Klik also offers bespoke post-event analytics based on the unique business goals of the event.
At the center of the klik platform is the control panel. Here, event organizers will find the tools to manage and monitor various aspects of their event. The control panel is available in English and French. Features of the control panel include registration, engagement, and content management of the app and more. We’ll take you through these in more detail below.
The dashboard is essentially the “front page” of the klik control panel. On the dashboard you’ll find simple, clear charts giving you an overview of key event statistics in real-time.
These include registration progress (how many attendees are at each stage), the number of check-ins, the overall interactions over time (the attendee engagement level), and a live heat map. Events using gamification features will also have an at-a-glance view of the gamification leaderboard. Besides, all the post-event data analytics will be featured in the dashboard, helping event organizers to find pre and post-event insights in one place.
From within the control panel, event organizers can set up the main details of the event such as date, event name, and description as seen via the app. From the event section, event organizers can also select which parts of the klik platform are enabled. Available features will depend on which specific modules your event is initially set up to use.
From the control panel, event organizers can view or add new users and assign different roles depending on the access level required.
App branding is also managed from the control panel. Making the klik app look good is a very simple process. You don’t need to know code or run through complex processes, simply enter the styles for body text and headings, upload a few images and you’re done. It really is that simple. Gamification rule guides are also designed in the branding area using similar tools.
klik allows event organizers to add, remove, import and export attendees to and from the system. At a glance, it’s possible to see their registration status, essential contact details and gamification score, in a familiar spreadsheet-style interface. User profiles can also be searched for and opened from the overview screen. From here, event organizers can also add attendees manually or import them from a spreadsheet, allowing integration with other systems. Exporting as a spreadsheet for external analysis is also possible.
Attendees can also be grouped by interest using the grouping function. This allows event organizers to light up the klik wearables with different colors depending on which group they belong to. Event organizers can use this to easily determine where attendees might need to go to find things of interest but perhaps most importantly, could help attendees find like minds.
The registration tab allows event organizers to select what information they want to ask attendees when they register. Klik also allows attendees to register for events through its app. This can be done by connecting the app to their social accounts or entering details manually. Klik puts attendees in control over what they want to share and with whom.
Like attendees, speakers can also be added to the platform via the control panel. Speakers can be imported and exported by spreadsheet or entered into the system manually.
Klik uses Bluetooth technology to monitor attendee numbers in different spaces over the course of the event. This is achieved by using Bluetooth hubs in different zones which communicate with attendee badges. From the control panel, event organizers can draw area boundaries for these zones onto the event floorplan. Attendees can also view an informational version of the floorplan via the app.
Event schedules can be added to the control panel and made viewable by attendees on the app. Within the schedule, different calendars can be created for different topics. For each calendar, schedules can be imported and exported and sessions can also be added manually. From the calendar, event organizers can see useful information such as the session description and participant numbers. Session information such as time and place, and speaker bios can also be viewed by attendees using the app.
From the control panel, event organizers can set up and manage the gamification features of the platform. These include setting up different levels based on a number of points scored and creating the logic rules that define how attendees win points. These actions can include contact exchanges, interactions with exhibitors or touchpoints, completion of profiles, session attendance, and more.
The klik Ecosystem
Klik is more than just smart wearables for events. Using a Bluetooth-based technology with smart wearables, klik reduces the amount of time event attendees spend on their mobile devices. This allows more time for meeting real people and participating in the event. With a single click of the badge, attendees can exchange contacts, not only with one another but also with exhibitors and the event space itself. On top of that, event organizers can communicate with attendees using LED lights on the wearable. What’s more, they can keep an eye on attendee flow, event registration, attendee- exhibitor interaction and more.
Although klik aims to reduce screen time, that doesn’t mean attendees lose the benefits of more traditional event applications. klik’s app allows attendees to access event information including speaker info, schedules and new contacts made by clicking the badge.
Klik’s Smart Wearables: How They Work
- keyboard_arrow_right Click the wearable to exchange contacts and interact with the event space.
- keyboard_arrow_right Like people - contact exchange with other attendees
- keyboard_arrow_right Like places - geo-targeted content can be triggered by attendee’s locations and dwell time
- keyboard_arrow_right Like content - attendees can engage with objects or areas simply by clicking their wearable near a touchpoint to trigger a request for information
- keyboard_arrow_right Quick pairing and setup for shorter queue lines
- keyboard_arrow_right Custom printed sticker displaying attendee credentials (badge and sleeve only)
- keyboard_arrow_right Brandable polyester lanyard (badge and sleeve only)
- keyboard_arrow_right 3 high brightness LEDs
- keyboard_arrow_right Highlighting key moments
- keyboard_arrow_right Light paging
- keyboard_arrow_right Group participants by color
- keyboard_arrow_right Incentivizing attendees through the app to perform different actions, like gamification
- keyboard_arrow_right Easy networking - single-click to exchange contacts with attendees and exhibitors
- keyboard_arrow_right Event content can be “liked” with a click via touchpoints
- keyboard_arrow_right Light-touch interactions make time for face-to-face
- keyboard_arrow_right Seamless lead retrieval system
- keyboard_arrow_right Access your klik profile anywhere before, during, and after the event
- keyboard_arrow_right Access new contacts - likes, schedule, sessions, floorplan etc all in the timeline of the dashboard
- keyboard_arrow_right Participants get their own unique klik profile that follows them through different klik events
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can pre-register for sessions and workshops
klik Control Panel
- keyboard_arrow_right Live dashboards feed event data back as it happens
- keyboard_arrow_right Manage event registrations
- keyboard_arrow_right Handle event programming, schedules, speaker profiles, and event content
- keyboard_arrow_right Manage look, feel and content for the klik app
- keyboard_arrow_right Facilitate organizer-attendee communications through communication with the badge, email, and SMS messaging.
- keyboard_arrow_right Monitor activity and flow in event zones
- keyboard_arrow_right Map interface to highlight congestion and control room capacity
- keyboard_arrow_right Track traffic and booth dwell times
- keyboard_arrow_right VIP, staff, and special zone access control
Measure Event Performance with Data
- keyboard_arrow_right Live event monitoring with event dashboards
- keyboard_arrow_right Live data-rich map views
- keyboard_arrow_right 100% adoption rate (everyone gets a wearable at registration)
- keyboard_arrow_right Post-event analytics with deeper insight on attendance, engagement levels, clicks collected, sessions, booths, and more.
- keyboard_arrow_right Custom post-event reports based on the specific ROI needs of the event
- keyboard_arrow_right Analysis of participant satisfaction and audience response statistics
Who Is It For?
Klik is for conference, convention, meeting organizers and corporate event organizers who want to offer attendees a better experience by reducing screen time while, at the same time, gathering useful ROI data without impeding that experience.
Klik ships free-of-charge to events of any size within the certified countries (outside, fees may apply) and provides a dedicated and fully trained production team on-site.
Pros and Cons
Pricing and Plans
Price quotes are provided by klik’s sales team, based on the features and particulars of the event (size of the event, number of zones to monitor, choice of wearable).
Klik aims to improve organizer and attendee ROI through analytics that lead to better networking. Their smart wearables increase face time for attendees by decreasing screen time. At the same time, the control panel gives event organizers a view of their event by the numbers in real-time.
The app gives attendees access to important information and offers organizers data in return. However, styled as a premium solution, the initial technical setup including the installation of hubs and, of course, the smart wearables could make full feature deployment not ideal for all event types.
On the other hand, the depth and richness of the real-time data and the additional engagement opportunities may justify the investment.