The weekly podcast for event professionals who want to hear from the leading innovators in the industry. We cover the latest innovations in event technology, case studies of successful events, new thinking in event design, and exciting destination updates.
In this episode EventMB's editor-in-chief, Miguel Neves, and guest Martin Sirk, Owner of Sirk Serendipity, discuss:
- The flight to quality across the event industry
- The real purpose of meetings
- Events are more about rituals than content because they give us a sense of shared purpose
- How remote workforces means more regional-wide meetings to build culture and promote understanding
- How smart destinations use resources (people/companies) for the benefit of events which ultimately benefits the destination
- Future predictions include: failed meetings, merged meetings and whole companies departments attending meetings as a retreat
- The meetings of 20 people today are the events of 1,000 in the future
Listen to this episode or catch up on past episodes
Follow or subscribe through your favorite iOS or Android podcast app to listen every week.