QuickMobile by Cvent is an event app with 50 configurable features and enterprise-grade security. Here is our review.
QuickMobile: What Is It?
QuickMobile offers feature-rich, fully-branded event apps for meetings, conferences, and exhibitions. The event apps are built on a highly secure, enterprise-grade platform that aligns with any corporate mobile strategy. This makes the single and multi-event apps a good choice for enterprise and security-conscious clients.
Join over 60,000 subscribers that use EventMB to stay on top of How to's, Trends & Event Technology.
QuickMobile’s mobile event apps connect attendees, distribute and manage multilingual content, promote the organization’s brand, integrate with social platforms, and gather real-time audience and participation data.
Quickmobile is a pioneer in event apps, creating mobile solutions since 2006. Recently, QuickMobile became part of Cvent, the cloud-based enterprise event management software company. Currently the event app doesn’t cover event registrations, however, this surely looks set to change in the future.
46% of event planners use event apps and 26% are considering using an event app in the near future. Almost all event planners (91%) agree that event apps are definitely still relevant.
Let’s find out more about what QuickMobile can offer your events and some of the most interesting features in their arsenal.
The Main Categories of Features Are:
PERSONALIZED EVENT CONTENT.The briefcase allows attendees to keep a list of their favorite items for quick reference, write notes within the app and personalize their own schedule.
ATTENDEE INFORMATION.Documents, city guide, welcome video and much more can be shared within the app. Upload maps to show the location of exhibitor booths and sessions and create seat maps to pinpoint an attendee’s assigned table or seat.
ENGAGEMENT.Gamify activities via the app and connect attendees based on their interests and expertise. Use real-time audience response for live polling, results, questions and discussions and attendees can draw or add annotations to PDF documents. The Activity Feed gathers all the latest updates in one place.
MONETIZATION OF EVENTS.Exhibitor and sponsor listings and rotating banner ads. Lead retrieval to capture attendee details by entering a PIN or QR code displayed on the attendee’s profile.
CHECK-IN AND BEACONS.Attendees can check into sessions, activities, or locations with a PIN or QR code. Beacon technologies can automatically register participants into a session, launch a custom message or video or push a targeted promotion when in the proximity of a beacon.
QuickMobile offers a list of over 50 configurable features designed to enhance the attendee’s event experience. Meeting planners can determine the features they want to include, configure and rename them, hide any functionality they don’t need and upload event information into the QuickMobile content management system.
The app works on iPhone, iPad, Android and mobile website. A dedicated app for Android tablets is not currently available. The mobile web version offers 90-95% of the total functionality, without the camera function or having a downloaded app available. The content will sync between devices.
The app can be translated into up to 25 different languages from within the same app, with content automatically displayed according to the native language set on the user’s phone. If you wish to change and customize specific words this can be easily done in the back system.
Security and Log Out Management
The app is highly security-focused. You can ensure the privacy of the app content by requiring attendees to log in and by setting expiration timeouts. The app can respect and adhere to the corporation’s password policy and be as strict as required by any organization. For example, requirements for a certain password length, and a mix of numbers, characters, and unique, nnon-sequentialor repetitive patterns. Corporate users can authenticate into the app with Single Sign-on via SAML v2, which is a safe way to exchange authentication and authorization data between a user and a service provider. Configurable credentials can be set for the entire app, or for specific components. Biometric login can be used for certain features. Anything relating to personal identity can be locked down. Documents can be configured to restrict sharing too.
Disclaimer and Opt-In
A disclaimer can be added that users must accept or acknowledge prior to opening the app for the first time. The opt-in function allows event organizers to ask attendees a series of yes-or-no questions that must be answered in order to access the app and its features.
320 character messages can be shared and the content can be pre-moderated before going live within the app if you prefer. The Pin function enables one or more announcements to remain at the top of the feed for a scheduled duration.
It is handy that SpeakOut messages can be organized into customizable topics so that messages don’t get lost. Deep links can also be used, for example, going directly to a sponsors profile.
The gallery shares a moderated and organized display of pre-loaded and user-contributed photos, with the option to display them in the Activity Feed. Attendees can like, download and share photos via social networks (if authorized by the event planner to enable this sharing from the app).
Social media channels can be integrated into the app if desired. For corporations that prefer private sharing only, the app can be limited to the private social network.
The Activity Feed gathers the latest updates from the Schedule, Twitter (if permissible), Photo Gallery, SpeakOuts, and Announcements into a single information feed. It can be set up as the app’s home page or as an icon and attendees can filter by source. Attendees can “like” and make comments on Photos, SpeakOuts, Schedules, Exhibitors, and Speakers. Event organizers can review the social analytics such as contributor info and attendee likes.
A list of sessions and events currently in progress or commencing within the next two hours can also be included in Activity Feed.
Push notifications can be scheduled and will broadcast to attendees even when the app is closed. These can be targeted to select attendees, groups, or users registered to a session. Push notifications work with iPhone, iPad, and Android apps only.
Like Minded is the networking feature and enables the event planner to ask custom questions to attendees based on what is important for the event. This might include their job title, geographical location, and area of expertise or interest. The more users that respond, the more accurate the matches are and a percentage score is given, based on the number of matching answers. A personalized list is then displayed to the user listing the most closely matched at the top of the list, down to the least well matched.
Users can search or scroll through the attendee list of those that are happy to be displayed to see their profile details and contact those of interest via in-app messaging. Attendees can manage their own photo and contact information directly within the app. Attendees can be grouped into defined categories for quicker reference. This can be very useful for larger event delegations.
The Quick Meetings feature makes it possible to find an available time slot and request a meeting with another event participant from the app. Once the other participant accepts the meeting, the time is reserved in both participants’ calendars in My Schedule.
The Game Center allows you to gamify the use of the event app to award points for different actions you want to encourage. For instance, this could be sending messages, uploading photos, visiting exhibitors, navigating the app functions and answering feedback surveys. The event planner can specify the number of points and any limits or daily cap (such as, points can only be gained by doing a specific action up to three times each day).
You can add your own rules and wording and list how points are awarded within the app. The gamification can be used on an individual or group basis. The live leaderboard can be shown on the big screen via a web link. A neat feature is the ability to manually adjust the scores, for example, if someone breaks the rules or receives a penalty or bonus points. This gamification feature is a big plus point to the app and can be tailored to the actions you want to see more of.
Live Insights: Live Polling and Live Q&A
This live interaction can open and close to coincide with a session start and end time or live polling can be embedded within a PowerPoint presentation so that the poll automatically launches when the speaker advances to a specific slide. When a poll is live, it takes over the event app to capture focus. The moderator sees how many are connected and the number of votes, to make it easier to manage and leave it open for the optimum time. Results can be displayed showing a percentage or the number of responses. The questions submitted for the live Q&A can be voted on so that the most popular are prioritized.
Notes and Annotations
Attendees can make general or session-based notes. Attendees can also create notes or draw directly on a PDF document from within the app. These annotations can be saved in the document. Attendee emails can also be placed on a sent document as a watermark, securing all PDF pages and mitigating unauthorized distribution. Notes and annotations can be shared by email.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Sponsors and exhibitors can be prioritized and/or listed by category. All information is tracked so you can accurately measure the interactions and export reports to CSV, including generating charts of the stats.
Exhibitors can capture attendee details by entering a PIN or QR code displayed on the attendee’s profile. You can then provide exhibitors with a report showing who was scanned and when.
Beacon technologies can be utilized to automatically check participants into a session, launch a custom message or video at a specific area or push a targeted promotion when an attendee comes in proximity of a beacon. Beacons are not included in the standard app pricing.
Surveys and Feedback
Surveys can be set up using single choice, multiple choice or open text response methods. These can be scheduled to be available for a specific time period and logos can be added to the survey. The results refresh in real time and full results can be exported for deeper analysis.
PERSONALIZED EVENT CONTENT
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can maintain a personal list of their favorite in-app documents
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can modify their own profiles
- keyboard_arrow_right Determine which information is displayed to others
- keyboard_arrow_right Event organizers can also attach custom information to attendee records such as social media handles or personal URLs
- keyboard_arrow_right Create a personalized schedule from the master event schedule
- keyboard_arrow_right Can be pre-populated for attendees via the QuickMobile Platform
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can create a personal list of exhibitors that they want to connect with
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can take general or session-based notes
- keyboard_arrow_right Share them via email
- keyboard_arrow_right Scroll through a list of general or session-specific documents
- keyboard_arrow_right Open them in a document viewer or share via email
- keyboard_arrow_right Documents can be configured to restrict sharing
- keyboard_arrow_right A directory of speakers and their relevant information
- keyboard_arrow_right A complete listing of scheduled sessions and events with detailed overviews
- keyboard_arrow_right Can be organized into tracks
- keyboard_arrow_right Can be tagged as private
- keyboard_arrow_right Sub-sessions can be used to link parent and child sessions together
- keyboard_arrow_right Provide detailed information for all of your related sessions.
- keyboard_arrow_right A moderated display of pre-loaded and user-contributed photos
- keyboard_arrow_right Organize photos into galleries
- keyboard_arrow_right Optionally display them in the Activity Feed
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can like, download and share photos via social networks
- keyboard_arrow_right Event organizers can review social analytics such as contributor info and attendee likes
- keyboard_arrow_right Upload maps to show the location of exhibitor booths and sessions within your venue
- keyboard_arrow_right Create seat maps that pinpoint an attendee’s assigned table or seat.
- keyboard_arrow_right Provide useful information and frequently asked questions in one location.
- keyboard_arrow_right Each info booth can contain either custom HTML content or a link to an external website
- keyboard_arrow_right Link to content on the internet such as blog posts, news stories, studies, and other online publications
- keyboard_arrow_right Browse and read in the app
- keyboard_arrow_right Include an HTML formatted page that attendees can access directly from the main menu
- keyboard_arrow_right An icon link to an external website
- keyboard_arrow_right Multiple web views are supported
- keyboard_arrow_right Showcase authors
- keyboard_arrow_right Provide linking capabilities to author documents and sessions
- keyboard_arrow_right A list of all event venues, addresses, locations and other related information
- keyboard_arrow_right The venue list can be sorted alphabetically or grouped by type (e.g. hotels, restaurants, bars)
- keyboard_arrow_right Include ‘click to call’ and ‘map’ buttons
- keyboard_arrow_right Access a list of available YouTube videos
- keyboard_arrow_right Play them directly in the mobile device video player
- keyboard_arrow_right A complete destination guide including restaurants, attractions, and nightlife
- keyboard_arrow_right Search for information in any of the main information fields and up to five custom fields in the app: Schedule, Speakers, Attendees, Sponsors, Documents, Videos, and Exhibitors.
- keyboard_arrow_right Categorize sessions into distinct programs by level, position or topic
- keyboard_arrow_right Broadcast a short video when the app is opened for the first time
- keyboard_arrow_right Also viewable through the Videos component
- keyboard_arrow_right Instantly view a list of sessions and events currently in progress or commencing within the next two hours
- keyboard_arrow_right Can be included in Activity Feed
- keyboard_arrow_right The latest updates from the Schedule, Twitter, Photo Gallery, SpeakOuts and Announcements in a single information feed
- keyboard_arrow_right Can be set up as the app’s home page or as an icon
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can filter by source
- keyboard_arrow_right Pin one or more announcements to ensure important information stays at the top of the feed for a scheduled duration
- keyboard_arrow_right Schedule and post in-app messages to individual attendees, groups of attendees or all attendees
- keyboard_arrow_right Broadcast messages even when the app is closed
- keyboard_arrow_right Send targeted messages to select attendees, groups, or users registered to a session
- keyboard_arrow_right Send sponsored broadcast messages, promotions and discounts
- keyboard_arrow_right Works with iPhone, iPad, and Android apps only
- keyboard_arrow_right Award points for typical app activities including messages, photo uploads, tweets and more
- keyboard_arrow_right Set gamification awards and limits
- keyboard_arrow_right Submit questions to presenters before, during or after a session
- keyboard_arrow_right Surveys using single choice, multiple choice or open text response methods
- keyboard_arrow_right Display live results on a screen
- keyboard_arrow_right Export full results for deeper analysis
- keyboard_arrow_right Real-time audience engagement
- keyboard_arrow_right Live polling, results, and discussions
- keyboard_arrow_right Managed by the session speaker or moderator
- keyboard_arrow_right Create notes or draw directly on a PDF document from within the app
- keyboard_arrow_right Annotations can be saved in the document and shared via email
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendee emails can also be placed on a document as a watermark
- keyboard_arrow_right Search or scroll through the attendee list
- keyboard_arrow_right View details
- keyboard_arrow_right Contact them via in-app messaging
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can be grouped into defined categories for quicker reference
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can manage their own photo and contact information directly within the app
- keyboard_arrow_right Exchange detailed contact information by using either a QR or PIN code
- keyboard_arrow_right Define a series of questions
- keyboard_arrow_right Match attendees based on their answers
- keyboard_arrow_right Connect attendees with similar goals, opinions, expertise and interests
- keyboard_arrow_right Connect with other attendees from the app
- keyboard_arrow_right Choose in-app or e-mail communication
- keyboard_arrow_right Find an available time slot and request a meeting with another event participant from the app
- keyboard_arrow_right Once the other participant accepts the meeting, the time is reserved in both participants’ calendars in My Schedule
- keyboard_arrow_right Allow attendees to share their thoughts with other event participants by submitting short messages, comments and questions through the app
- keyboard_arrow_right Organize SpeakOut messages into customizable topics for enhanced readability
Tell A Friend
- keyboard_arrow_right A pre-scripted email to share the event with others
- keyboard_arrow_right Can also be configured to capture support requests from app users
Like & Comment
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can “like” and make comments on Photos, SpeakOuts, Schedules, Exhibitors and Speakers
Community (Facebook, Twitter)
- keyboard_arrow_right Combine social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter in the community component or separately on the navigation menu
- keyboard_arrow_right Create custom web links to additional social media channels
- keyboard_arrow_right The number of page views and average views per user and the amount of engagement generated can be reported
MONETIZATION OF EVENTS
- keyboard_arrow_right Exhibitors can capture attendee details by entering a PIN or QR code displayed on the attendee’s profile
- keyboard_arrow_right Provide exhibitors with a report showing who was scanned and when
- keyboard_arrow_right Sponsor listings displaying logos, descriptions and contact information in a custom-categorized list
- keyboard_arrow_right Rotating banner ads
- keyboard_arrow_right Link to sponsor pages or directly to sponsor websites
- keyboard_arrow_right Search and view a list of exhibitors
- keyboard_arrow_right Drill down for complete details including contact information and website links
- keyboard_arrow_right Can be sorted into categories
- keyboard_arrow_right Include downloadable documents
CHECK-IN AND BEACONS
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can check into sessions, activities, or locations with a PIN and/or QR code
- keyboard_arrow_right Auditing capabilities for attendee check-in
- keyboard_arrow_right Create a disclaimer that users must accept or acknowledge prior to opening the app for the first time
- keyboard_arrow_right Ensure the privacy of your app’s content by requiring attendees to log in, setting expiration timeouts
- keyboard_arrow_right Configurable credentials can be set for the entire app, or for specific components
- keyboard_arrow_right Attendees can use the automated reset function to resolve password issues and securely access the app using their fingerprint
- keyboard_arrow_right Corporate users can authenticate into the app with Single Sign-on via SAML v2.
- keyboard_arrow_right Allows event organizers to ask attendees a series of yes-or-no questions that must be answered in order to access the app and its features
- keyboard_arrow_right Use beacon technologies to automatically check participants into a session
- keyboard_arrow_right Launch a custom message or video at a specific area
- keyboard_arrow_right Push a targeted promotion when an attendee comes in proximity of a beacon
Registration and CRM Integration
- keyboard_arrow_right Leverage API connections to other multiple registration and CRM systems
- keyboard_arrow_right In the absence of a registration system, attendees can self-register in the app by providing their name and email
Who Is It For?
The QuickMobile platform is for event professionals organizing events for their enterprise organization, or event professionals organizing events for their clients. It is well suited for meetings, conferences, and exhibitions. Security-oriented events will be interested in the enterprise-grade level of security which can be implemented if required.
Pros and Cons
- Enterprise-grade security
- Full-service support from project kickoff, which includes 24-hour customer support via phone
- Gamification feature is a solid way to encourage the interactions and engagement you want to achieve
- Currently, this is just an event app, it doesn’t cover event registrations
- Likely to be out of reach and too comprehensive for small events
- No dedicated app for Android tablets
Pricing and Plans
QuickMobile uses a tiered pricing model that depends upon the number and size of the events serviced by the mobile app. Live insights, beacons, and PDF annotations are features with extra charges. Contact QuickMobile directly to find out specifics.
The QuickMobile app is packed full of features to enhance your event and provide enterprise-level security. The broad functionality is best suited to larger events, meetings, and exhibitions and may put it out of reach for smaller gatherings, although features can be switched off if not required. The gamification elements and multilingual content are particularly impressive elements to explore further.
Disclaimer: Reviews are paid for placements. While Event Manager Blog receives a fee to extensively look at the tool and review it in detail, the content of the review is independent and by no means influenced by the company. If you have any questions please use the contact us section.