How to Sell Out Your Event Using Data [Video]
How To Use Data To Sell Out Your Event
Selling out your event is not as easy as it used to be. You can get exciting videos like these online, why should you bother to attend an event? Yet some events systematically manage to sell out – I want to tell you about their secret weapon – data.
This video is brought to you by Umbel, create the ultimate fan experience.
If you can’t see the video click here.
What’s up folks welcome to another EventMB video, I am Julius Solaris, your editor, and today I want to talk to you about the holy grail of event planning – selling out. Selling out is not as easy as it used to be. You can get exciting videos like these online, why should you bother to attend an event? Yet some events systematically manage to sell out – I want to tell you about their secret weapon – data.
I will assume this is not the first time you are planning this event, so you may already possess a good deal of data from different sources. If you do, consolidation should be your number one priority. Having scattered data all around is not going to help your event marketing efforts.
Different platforms have different purposes, of course, but we are talking about centralizing data so you can not only make better decisions in regards to ticket selling but also make your event experience better or connect your attendees better among themselves.
Will 2017 finally be the year of integration?
Social media is still one of the most underused tools by event professionals. Let me ask you a question, when was the last time you decided to attend an event based on a poster? Very unlikely, even more unlikely if you are younger.
We spend our time on social media. Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Snapchat. Each and every tool has opportunities for event professionals. Do you talk to previous attendees on social networks? Do you know where they hang out? This may be as easy as uploading a list of emails to Facebook and sending targeted advertising to them (and maybe a discount code). And to their friends too.
That is pretty cool.
Remarketing and Retargeting
Remarketing has been the go to solutions for online advertising for the past 5 years. When you advertise online, selecting keywords or hashtags or user profiles is still a long shot. What about targeting those that checked out your website but did not make a purchase yet?
You now have the tools to chase them on Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn – pretty much the whole internet. We have some nice articles on EventMB for using remarketing in events.
Selling out your event, means also selling out sponsorships. In fact a large percentage of your budget will inevitably come from sponsors. Using beacons is one of the smartest ways to collect more information about your attendees. Where are they going, where are they stopping by, what are they looking at, what are they giving feedback on.
Beacons – bluetooth powered devices– help you to offer your sponsors more opportunities to measure their ROI.
There is no work around this one. If you sell your tickets online, you need to become an analytics junkie. You need to understand concepts such as A/B testing (testing different versions of your page to optimize sales), assisted conversions paths, bounce rates etc.
There are studies confirming that there is an average of 14 interactions before we make a decision to buy. That may mean that your prospective attendee may check your FB page, your website, a video from last year and a review on LinkedIn before making the final decision. Analytics help you to figure out very complex paths to conversions and where you should invest your budget.
Selling out events is becoming a rather technical and precise job. I don’t know any other audience more technical and precise that event professionals, so I know you won’t let me down on this one.
If you have any questions, use the comments below and remember if you found even a tiny bit of valuable info in this video, we WANT your like, so hit that button and subscribe to our page for more videos like these.
Until the next one, ciao!
Other EventMB Videos
Why not check out some of our previous videos:
- 5 Signs Event Planning Is Not For You
- The 5 Things People Always Ask Event Planners
- 6 Secret Reasons Why People Really Attend Events
- The Secret Formula to Event Swag
- How to Start an Event Planning Company from Home
- Event Planning – the Worst and Best Job in the World
- How to Drive More Attendees to Exhibitor Booths
- 5 Trends In Event Mobile Apps
- Get More Sponsors for Your Events
- The 5 Hottest Trends in Corporate Events
- 5 Event Tech Trends To Watch in 2017
- The Three T’s of Being A Successful Event Planner
- The Harsh Realities of Being An Event Planner
- 5 Times Event Tech Saved My Event
- How Event Planners Stretch their Dollars
- 4 Marketing Mistakes Event Planners Make
- The 6 Skills of Successful Event Planners
- 5 Ways to Get Event Planning Experience
- 6 Ways to Find Clients for Your Event Planning Business
- 5 Tips for Planning the Perfect Startup Event
- 5 Eventtech Tools to Use at Your Next Conference
- Why Event Planners and Venues Drive Each Other Insane
- 5 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Conference Speakers
- Will Millennials Kill The Event Industry?
- 6 Things You Must Do After Your Event is Over
- 10 Easy Steps to Get into Event Planning
- 5 Secrets to Creating Winning Event Proposals
- 5 Ways You Should Be Using Music At Your Events
- The Event Planner’s Travel Chronicles: Anaheim
- Event Planners: The Leaders of The Experience Economy
- How To Work with Influencers to Promote Your Event
Plan awesome events & boost your career
Join over 60,000 subscribers that use EventMB to stay on top of How to's, Trends & Event Technology.